"Manuel, can you tell me the answer for the following question and the reason behind this ?
If you have a 15% probability of exceeding the project schedule you are
a. Above the mean
b. Below the mean
c. At mean"
Another question with some possible different interpretations.
The probability that we cannot keep the project schedule is 15%. Duration of our project schedule is:
A. Above the mean of estimates.
"Exceeding the project schedule” surely means that the actual finish date would be behind the determined schedule. And if the probability of delay (so-called failure) is 15%, the probability of success is 85% (100-15).
The farther the determined schedule is from the mean (ABOVE the mean), the less the probability of delay becomes.
This a clear example of inversed reasoning ... LOL. In terms of statistics this is very common.
- Reading Shakespeare in the 21st Century
- Shakespeare Canon
- My Shakespeare Library
- My Blog Posts on Shakespeare
- Ich liebe die Deutsche Sprache
- Speculative Fiction (SF)
- Literary Criticism
- Crime Fiction
- My Published Works
- What do I mean by SF?
- Close Reading
- My Kind of Reviews
- Professional Reader
- Rabbit Holes
- App Development
- Raspberry Pi
- My Fiction and Poetry
- Portuguese-Speaking Stuff